Finding your personal style can sometimes but a hard thing to do. I know some people are just born a way that they have no problem expressing themselves especially with clothing, however; not all people have that just in them to do.
I have always felt different than most, thinking outside the box with clothing and colors, mixing textures and patterns. But I will say at one time I did not know how to fully express this. I wore what I thought I should or what others did to fit in. By doing that though I really felt the opposite or like an imposter.
So today's blog post is about how I found my personal style....and I hope this helps you find yours too!
Step 1: RESEARCH
Yep you read that right....you need to do your research, about yourself and about others.
- Write down a list of things you enjoy doing (reading, art, tennis, etc.) your personal style will have influence from your lifestyle.
- Write down a list of celebrities that you enjoy the way they dress (at least most of the time)
- Search "outfit inspo" on pinterest or instagram and see what looks you gravitate toward.
- Figure out what your body shape is and do research on what styles, prints and fabrics will look great on you.
Step 2: EXPERIMENT
- This step is super simple! Take a look at your items from research and find pieces in your closet that match some of the outfits and styles you were drawn to.
- With those pieces create looks based on your research, try them on, see how comfortable you feel in them, wear them.
Step 3: TRY NEW THINGS
- Once you have gotten use to make looks from your research now comes the fun part!
- When out shopping try to find something that your drawn to that is NEW, by this I mean something that you never worn before.
- It could be a new style, new color, new pattern, etc.
- With the new items add them to looks that you've created before and like to spice them up.
Step 4: TRUST THE PROCESS
- Developing your own "Personal Style" takes time
- You will find things that you don't like (like certain fabrics or cuts.)
- You will discover that your personal style grows with you as you change.
- It's a never ending journey and anything you wear will be your own.
I hope ya'll enjoyed this blog post today!!! I love helping others and inspiring people to be different and have fun.