If you're used to dressing in a certain style, it can be challenging to know how to style things that don't fit into your typical fashion aesthetic. But incorporating new pieces and experimenting with different styles can be a fun way to refresh your wardrobe and express your personal style in new ways. Here are some tips for styling things that aren't your typical style:
1. Start with neutral colors: If you're not used to wearing bold prints or bright colors, start by incorporating neutral shades like black, white, beige, and grey into your outfit. These colors are versatile and easy to mix and match with other pieces.
2. Mix and match: Experiment with mixing pieces from different styles to create a unique look. For example, pair a flowy bohemian skirt with a structured blazer, or wear a vintage band t-shirt with a sleek pencil skirt.
3. Accessorize: Adding accessories can be a great way to incorporate new styles into your wardrobe without fully committing to a new look. Try adding a statement necklace, bold earrings, or a colorful scarf to your outfit.
4. Take inspiration from others: Look to influencers, celebrities, and fashion bloggers for inspiration on how to style pieces that may be outside of your usual style. Pay attention to how they mix and match different styles and take note of what works and what doesn't.
5. Try it on: Don't be afraid to try on clothes that you wouldn't normally wear. Sometimes things that don't look great on the hanger can surprise you once you try them on.
6. Confidence is key: No matter what you're wearing, the most important thing is to feel confident and comfortable in your own skin. Don't worry too much about whether something is "your style" or not - if you love it and feel good in it, wear it with pride.
In conclusion, stepping outside of your typical style can be a great way to add some excitement to your wardrobe and express your personal style in new ways. By mixing and matching pieces, trying on new styles, and accessorizing, you can create a unique look that's all your own. Remember, fashion should be fun and expressive, so don't be afraid to experiment and try new things!